Friday, September 10, 2010

Been a long time

Wow! I haven't posted since March! I didn't realise it had been anywhere near that long. Maybe a couple of months, but 6?! Crazy!

Anyway, it's funny, when I started this blog I thought it would be cool to share my experience of planning a wedding with people, but once I got started, I was torn between posting spoilers or not posting at all!

I suppose as I've done a fair amount of stuff now I can make a worth while post without giving too much away!

I've finally picked dresses, both my bridal gown and bridesmaid dresses for my girls. I'm very excited about having a bridal party! As well as 3 of my bestest friends, I've also asked my too younger cousins to take part as juniour bridesmaids, and after some concern about my sister (who's currently living in Sweden) and her family possibly not being able to make it to the wedding, we've now got the word that they can come! Which means I will get to have my youngest neice, Gillian, be my flower girl. She'll look so cute!

I was hoping to have the wedding ceremony outside by the lake in Canberra, but for a number of reasons it didn't work out (mainly the dragon boat races hapeening the same day as the wedding and booking all the nice spots for a wedding!) so Shane and I decided to take the wedding to the coast instead.

We haven't decided where the ceremony will be yet. We've had a bit of a look around but weren't sold 100% on anything, so for anyone out there who's had or been to a wedding in the BatemansBay area, or anywhere within a 25 minute drive of there, I'd love to hear from you about the place you went and what you thought of it!

We're having our reception at a restaurant can't Briar's Restaurant, which is run by the Comfort Inn, just left of the main roundabout taking you into the Bay. It's really lovely! The restaurant looks out onto a lake with a little gazebo on it. Great for photos! And it just looks like a very nice, tranquil place. Perfect setting for a wedding!

We've decided on a theme, and as most of you have probably heard from me already, we've gone with fantasy, though knowing us it will probably have a bit of a twist! Those things we'll save for the day though!

I've been doing a cake decorating class which just finished last week. I'm hoping my grandma will help with the cake (she's done previous family wedding cake) but I haven't actually asked yet. Must put that on the to do list! I'm positive she will say yes though, and it's going to be the most wonderful cake ever! I've also been busying myself with flower arranging as I'd like to do my own flowers for the wedding, and as such I've recently purchased some silk flowers for my own bouquet! 

So now it's on to invitations, place settings, decorations and all that sort of stuff! It's all very exciting, the only problem is it's a bit tricky trying to get everyone together (like mum, almost mum, bridesmaids etc) to look into and help out with things, but I guess that's all part and parcle of the bridal process!

Until next time!
Bel

No comments:

Post a Comment